To help get you started on your smoothie journey, we're sharing a delicious recipe with you below! Try it out this weekend and let us know how you liked it!
Spinach and Kale Smoothie
When your children refuse to eat dark green or leafy vegetables, get them to drink it! Here’s a recipe for a healthy, yet tasty, green smoothie for kids.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 kale leaf
- I sliced banana, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup almond milk
- Wash the spinach and kale leaves and chop them.
- Add the spinach and kale leaves, almond milk, and peanut butter to a blender and puree them for a minute, or until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the banana and blend for another 30 seconds, or until you get the desired consistency.
- Serve fresh.
Nutritional Value: calories – 325, carbohydrates – 46.1g, protein – 10mg, fat – 13.9g, cholesterol -0mg